About Dave Markowitz: Intuitive Healing Facilitator, Guide, Author, Speaker
Innovative and effective
“I began co-leading Six Sensory New York (affiliated with fellow Hay House author Sonia Choquette) and I was happy to invite Dave to speak. As always, he delivered: a packed house; his characteristic funny, warm and humble way of teaching a fascinated audience about a new way of healing; on-the-spot healing demonstrations; and sold-out books. He is always our most popular speaker, with the highest percentage of attendees either buying a book or booking a private session, typically both. His approach to healing is both innovative and effective, and his book is groundbreaking. He has a proven track record as a wonderful and experienced speaker and healer, and is well-known and well-connected in the Mind-Body-Spirit community.”
How Dave Became “The Empath Guy”
IT ALL STARTED...
You know when the Universe sends you a message repeatedly and from multiple sources?
Of course you do.
Dave Markowitz had been told he is an Empath by many people over many years, but it wasn’t until he had a clear, direct experience that he began to understand what that meant and how that could benefit his clients.
He was invited to a friend of a friend’s birthday party that consisted of going to seven bars in seven hours on a party bus. And, at the end of the night Dave was drunk. Not uncommon, right? Well, except that he hadn’t drank anything but water the entire evening!
In fact, Dave hadn’t drank alcohol in years; he pretty much avoided the bar scene because his intuitive and empathic skills made those types of environments a rather unpleasant experience. Oftentimes in any type of group setting, he found himself getting drained, feeling confused, or even anxious.
Dave says that most of us were never taught how to healthily deal with the gift of being Highly Sensitive. He adds that we had to unconsciously devise coping mechanisms to make certain situations more bearable. And some of us consciously applied methods that seemed effective but still left us facing our very same challenges all over again.
The patterns we created to preserve the self and even the tools we’re told to use (putting up a wall, encasing the self in light, etc.,) are good in the short term, but over the long term they can block us from:
- long-lasting healing;
- higher guidance;
- opening the self to having what we want; and
- connecting with others, the higher self, and with Spirit on a deeply profound level.
In fact, those same patterns of walling can make us chronically unwell because they are based in fear.
There is hope for Empaths & Highly Sensitive People (HSP) to not just heal, but to also thrive in a world that typically doesn’t understand us… and to do so from a place of love rather than fear!
Dave has worked with thousands of Empaths & HSPs. And by following the steps he intuited, healing is not only possible it’s the norm. He’ll lovingly guide you in fine-tuning your empathic abilities so that these talents can be used as gifts rather than seen as a burden. Dave will teach you how to not be a sponge of others’ energies and how to heal what you’ve already accumulated.
By healing ourselves first, we’re then more present for others. When using Dave’s tools, our mere presence becomes a beacon of possibility and an invitation to healing and wholeness for all.
Dave Markowitz, Intuitive Healing Facilitator, Guide, and Bestselling Author, shows you how to transform illness into vitality, and illuminates confusion into clarity.
- Dave is a faculty member of the Shift Network, the world’s largest transformational education, media, and events company—alongside Michael Beckwith, Gregg Braden, Anita Moorjani, Ram Dass, Dr Judith Orloff, Wendy De Rosa and many more.
- Dave has shared the lecture bill with Deepak Chopra and Gary Null.
- His work has been endorsed by bestselling authors, healers and teachers Lee Harris, Shirley MacLaine, Lynn Andrews, Dannion and Kathryn Brinkley, Karen McPhee, Dr. Meg Blackburn Losey and more.
- Dave can hold a space of the highest vibration so that you—not just your pain or illness—are seen, heard and held in the highest light. Unconditional love, true compassion, and a heart-felt connectedness are incorporated along with elements of numerous energy healing techniques and modalities so that you receive exactly what is needed at the perfect speed, intensity and duration for you as an individual—and not what works for everyone else because you are unique and so are your healing needs!
- Dave’s first book, Healing with Source reached number 3 in its category on Amazon.com in its first week, September, 2010!
- His second book, Self-Care for the Self-Aware: A Guide for Highly Sensitive People, Empaths, Intuitives, and Healers hit number 3 in its category in October 2014; has been in the Top 20 in its category on Amazon for 41 consecutive months by “word of mouse” alone; is the number 1 rated self-published book on the subject with a 4.4-Star average rating on Amazon; and most importantly, has transformed thousands of lives!
- Dave’s third book, Empathipedia: Healing for Empaths & Highly Sensitive Persons is called the “comprehensive manual on the ABCs of successfully navigating life as an empath or highly sensitive person” by NY Times bestselling author of Saved by the Light, Dannion Brinkley. Empathipedia goes significantly deeper than prior writings and empowers the reader with the most powerful, transformative, heart-opening tools to date. Empathipedia contains the most prevailing techniques for preventing energetic overwhelm and empathic absorption, and its healing tools were specifically designed to guide empaths and Highly Sensitive Persons to their best, highest state of health, vivacity, and heart-inspired life!
- He is a featured writer in Positive Health, Europe’s number one online publication in its genre, and also a former contributor for the now defunct (but not because of Dave’s writing), Kinetics Magazine published by NDE survivor and bestselling author, Kathryn Brinkley.
- Dave’s most popular interviews include: Lee Harris, ABCNews; Virtual Light Broadcast; and Lynn Andrews, best-selling author of Medicine Woman. Many more can be viewed or heard on the MEDIA page.
What People Are Saying About Dave
“I had the pleasure of interviewing Dave on WomanTalk Live
Radio. His book opens us up to a whole different way of looking at healing pain and illness. Learning what repressed emotions do to us when we hold on to them, how important it is to release them, and learning how to do so is a huge gift we can give ourselves to help us finally get out of our own way so that we can live a loving, fulfilled life.
Thanks, Dave, for teaching us about this gift.”
– Ann Quasman
, Host, WomanTalk Live Radio, Baltimore MD
“I must tell you I am sitting here with such a smile on my face. I knew you were awesome…but now I am positive of just how awesome you are!!!! It has definitely taken some of the pain and burden away. I will be doing more of the things you recommended now. PROMISE!! Thank you seems so little but...thank you from the bottom of my heart.”
– Sheila L.
, Angel Readings, Certified Reiki Master, Commack, NY
“You bring the magic of simple listening everywhere you go, opening hearts and minds to the truth of power and possibility in this universe, in this life. I love you, Dave. Thank you for sharing this moment of grace with me. I always feel like the example of your life guides me in the realization of my own, but I guess that's what we're each here for, no? To help one another remember the way back...?”
“Dave is a gift (to all of us) from God. He has such a simple and clear understanding of the universe and energy and how it relates to all of us. He has helped me, members of my family, and even my dog! He is also a gifted speaker and author. What more is there to say? He is amazing; I highly recommend him.”
– Lisa Mueller
, Executive Director at Celebrity Entertainment Corp, Greater New York City Area
In this new shift, my next step in personal growth, You (Dave) played a significant role. You were a huge part of my "turn around" and what's amazing is that your way of influencing me was so subtle and gentle that I did not even notice how you were helping me improve my life—and that is an incredible gift.
Everyone likes to state their opinion—to prove their point of view—to be listened to and admired. However, very few are like you. You listen patiently and with an open heart. And your (I can even say "trademark") style is that you don't jump to conclusions or instantaneously spit out your ‘final’ opinion on the situation that's being shared with you.
You don't assume that you know the answer or that you have a perfect solution, you don't even preach on what is morally wrong or right. You simply plant a little seed in one's mind and let it grow as a beautiful tree; free, and independent of your own perceptions.
You have (very subtly) planted seeds in my own mind, and I have allowed them to grow. I never felt like you were ‘teaching’ me anything or that you are superior to me. You didn't judge me, but simply listened, and in just a few simple and warm suggestions and comments you have planted those important seeds of encouragement that have now grown to be little stubs sticking out from the soil of my mind, and I will now nurture them with great care and they will grow like big beautiful trees, as big as I want them to be!
You are a very special human being and I am thankful that I met you. I have a feeling that you will go far in this life, and you will help many people along the way.
“Dave Markowitz has a compassionate desire to share his healing methods. I learned that it is within all of us to heal ourselves and how important it is for us to tap into the power to do that”
– Robyn Hatcher
, owner of SpeakEtc
, a presentation and communication skills training company, NYC
“I have reaped benefits by your words, your recommendations, and shared webinars etc. Thank you for being a light holder. In my ancestral learning, the Anishinaabe heard a prophecy and began their westward migration. There were members responsible for holding the fires in case anyone was finding their way back. Thank you for holding metaphorical fires to illuminate a path back to Source…”
“Whenever I dip into one of Dave's group healing sessions, or in a private session, I come out of them somehow deeply touched and able to see things in a different, more expanded way. Dave's compassionate, very human and unpretentious style helps me feel relaxed and open to whatever comes up, which I think facilitates the insights and healing.”
– Annette P., Portland, OR
“Your desire and determination to do what you are doing is creating an Aura that immediately reminded me of when I saw Deepak's; the energy that flows has a special density that tells us that you are determined to take your truth out there. The gift is to understand that the space that you are holding, at the center, at the heart, has an equilibrium that transforms everything; even your aura.”
– Bea, Writer, Los Angeles
Dear Dave, I stand in Great Appreciation for Who You Are and for the Light You bring through to many. You have offered me a very freeing idea to enjoy reflecting upon -- that none my issues/symptoms are 'mine.' There is True Power in this idea.
And to repeat what I heard about You during our meditation together, I offer again:"You're clear as water and as powerful as Light"
– Lora 'Abrielle' Medina, Lightworker, California
“I just shared with a friend what I learned about healing since meeting you. The forgiveness meditation continues to be a useful tool for me to heal with love and peace and move on without "sticky" issues bogging me down. I thank you for that. I continue to be open and receptive to learning from you and the books you have written. You inspire me – and today, I inspire myself. Wishing you well
on this beautiful day!”
– Diana , Vancouver, WA, USA
“Amazing; he carries the Wand of Hermes. Experience a personally guided tour into the Realms of the GODS. A transformational journey like no other – into the Magic of Light. My Sincerest Thanks”
– Gigi, Portland, OR
“Healing is an art form, and Dave paints at a profound level.”
– Edward Agolia, Co-Director of The Energy Center
“Your work is very impressive. I love how you break down explanations so that even people like me, who know nothing about your work, end up leaving with so much new information. I also love the charisma you have with all the people in the room. Everything I am learning is so new for me, but somehow it all makes sense. I loved both events I attended, the Healing Circle and the Lecture; it's still such an eye
opener for me to realize that stuff (emotions) can be so deeply buried and affect us years later. Thanks so much.”
– Mercedes, NYC
“When I first met you...I was taken back by your kindness and appreciation of all the baggage we were carrying with us. You made it clear how un-necessary this was and gave some insight as to how to drop it at the curb. Thank you!”
– Sheila, Long Island NY
“Dave, it was great to meet you. I know your value as a healer first hand and as one who is working to be a healer to see you in your passion as a healer grounded in love. I hold you in the highest of light; you will always have a special place in my heart. Thank you and Namaste.”
Tonight was amazing. I am so very happy to have had our paths intersect. You are indeed a jewel. You have a powerful punch. You communicate so that the listener is engaged & you do it with humor and a lightness that's refreshing!
I have been given such a tremendous gift to see one of the reasons why I experienced being bipolar for so many years and that has caused a huge shift in my consciousness. I can't even begin to say how exciting that is. When you made that distinction tonight my entire body responded very physically. My chest and stomach protruded and gravitated towards the front of the room (from where your voice...that truth, was coming from) and I literally gasped involuntarily. It was as if I was sitting in a dank room with no ventilation for 12 years and then all the sudden someone kicked a hole in the wall and a gust of fresh air came bellowing in to fill my lungs. The experience was that magical. Again, thank you: Big hug.
“Thank you for your kind and insightful words. You are BRIGHT, as I clearly sensed the first moment I met you. And YOUR PRAYERS strike me like an angelic thunderbolt. Many blessings, much gratitude, and may all you want come easily and miraculously your way. Thank you again.”
“Dave has very beautiful energy and I always learn interesting things from him and the group of people he attracts.”
– Anonymous Healing Circle attendee
“Mr. Markowitz is indeed well-placed on the cutting
edge of his field. His insights synthesize newer and
more meaningful depths and impart information that is
far more enlightened than we think we deserve. I recommend
you to use Mr. Markowitz's talents wisely as he
will provide an extra dimension to your day.”
– Mr. S.J. Benjamin, Editor, New York City