Healing the Original Wound 7-Week Course
“For those of us who have grown weary of the self-improvement project, Dave's safe container that he holds for his clients feels like homecoming. With his soothing voice and his gentle and compassionate guidance, I felt that nothing on the emotional spectrum was unwanted, and I felt free to explore what lies underneath of so much that presents itself as a struggle or an ailment in life.”
– GB, anthropologist, Berlin, Germany
There are Four Wounds that lie below every challenge you’ve ever faced. These wounds are so deep, and so primal, that few dare to venture there because, well, let’s face it, it’s just too damn painful.
This pain lies in the unconscious mind, guiding us in uncountable numbers of healing journeys and modalities that barely scratch the surface of true healing. That pain also leads us to the ever-present, never-ending game of chasing what we want out of life with zero to little long-term success.
What would happen if we brought these wounds to conscious awareness?
What would happen if we dared to look at them through the lens of curiosity rather than bury them out of fear?
What would happen if you were led in conscious, loving exercises over a consistent period of time with a group of other like minds and hearts who are ready to take that plunge, in a co-created safe, nurturing healing environment?
Healing the OW explores and dismantles a series of Four Abandonments that pervade every thought we’ve ever had, and every action we’ve ever done. They are the most formative wounds that when left unaddressed, manifest in spiritual, physical, emotional, and personal longing, illness and pain.
These wounds are:
- the perceived spiritual disconnection from Source;
- the physical separation from your mother;
- the emotional withdrawal by your family of origin; and
- your eventual abandonment of yourself…
And they can manifest in frustration, pain, and illness—decades after those separations occurred!
This course posits:
What if these wounds aren’t something to fight; rather, they are necessary for our development and growth? What if, in a world where we learn through duality and contrast, the wounds are part of the plan? What if, our only human mission—no matter how it looks on the outside—is to journey from the oneness that we were, to the individuated state…
only to re-connect to the state of oneness?
What if the Four Abandonments, and all subsequent events, feelings, beliefs, pain, and illness that we experience in a world of duality and contrast are things to experience along the way that are there to guide us home?
Take this journey with Dave to catalyze:
- a deeper sense of connection with others;
- a better understanding of your true self;
- a more intimate connection to Spirit;
- improved energy, focus, and emotional state;
- abundance in all areas; and
- a clear vision of your soul’s mission…
The Four Abandonments course goes deeper, asking: What if “the illusion of a true self vs a false self” is in fact an illusion of mind pitting one force against another, rather than more peacefully integrating the whole? And what if THE DESIRE TO ESCAPE duality is in fact a blockage to experiencing beyond the duality?!
It’s time to see the blockages you’ve been fighting tooth and nail and sometimes at all costs, as necessary steps to grow in alignment with your Soul’s desire!
By understanding this both conceptually and experientially through Dave’s channeled guidance, you’ll see how this path of oneness > individuation > oneness is the norm not the exception, and that there is Divine logic to—and hope for—the journey we’ve undertaken.
Healing the OW details the steps to wholeness and healing from the Soul’s point of view!
“After participating in Dave Markowitz’s Healing the Original Wound
Course, I finally have hope of being healed! Other studies have provided great information and helpful ideas for dealing with being an Empathic ‘Sponge’ and dealing with physical illness but none have worked permanently. I plan on taking any other OW or other LiveStream courses that he offers. I’m convinced! I’m also
studying his latest book ‘Empathipedia
’ which can be purchased on his website. Dave is a compassionate, very sensitive energetic healer that I’m not afraid to talk to, and I’m looking forward to working with him one on one virtually.”
– Eileen Dentler, Psychic Intuitive Empath; Austin, TX
“I participated in Dave's 7-week ‘Original Wound’ (OW) course. I learned a lot from him about the OW and about myself.
The phrase, ‘Feel it. Love it. Heal it’ wasn't in my healing vocabulary. But after working with Dave, whose work is focused on Empaths and Sensitives' healing, I have released a lot of emotional pain which has been stored in my body from past traumas and family dynamics. I am
in a much better healing space—I am happier and more compassionate towards myself, my family, and others. Not only do I applaud Dave's healing work, but I also realize that I have been misled by so many spiritual teachers and healers who have too easily bypassed this most important shadow-work process.
I am forever grateful for Dave's compassion, humor, and masterful intuitive healing skills in the OW course and in my private sessions with him. I highly recommend Dave's next OW course, his live streams and private sessions.”
– Chi, San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
“Dave guides you to meet your suppressed emotions in a gentle and loving way. You go to the emotional root of your problems, and surprisingly, doors open to insights that release you from whatever mindset you were stuck in. Dave’s method is “less is more”, where being quiet together is transformative. He is a respectful listener and facilitates change with his deep attentiveness and capacity for
– Ingrid, Denmark
“I have been working with Dave for more than a year, and the experience has been transformational! The way he frames each session is always illuminating and his ability to channel amazing energy from the Source is outstanding. Dave is undoubtedly the real thing.”
– Dr. David Ostwald, San Francisco; retired
Words cannot effectively convey the massive energy shift that I have had since working with Dave Markowitz. You see testimonials and sometimes you wonder if they are real—one thing for sure is that Dave has the most incredible gift!
For me, there was no instant magic wand effect, but a gradual shifting of energy within me, that allowed space and recognition. I found I didn’t necessarily register anything at the end of each session, yet there was a gentle unfolding as the days passed, like the sun shining through the storm clouds. This allowed me to assimilate a new understanding of my old beliefs and patterns, leaving me with a deeper connection to my inner truth, my soul.
I can recognize my fears now, they no longer scare me, they are part of me, and I can understand they are just messages that need to be heard.
I highly recommend working with Dave in any capacity, his gift of providing a deep calm and safe space allowing you to access and process your inner depths is incredibly powerful and deeply healing.
– Sarah Green, The Mindset Warrior, Empath, lightworker, speaker, storyteller, soul alignment coach - a bridge to the soul - a school cleaner, mother, Worcestershire, England UK
“Dave's Healing the OW course has been a complete game changer for me. I've been living with Chronic Fatigue for about 20 years. Even though I've spent decades on my healing journey, I still was not grasping the immense impact that my empathic nature was having on my health. Using Dave's methods, I've experienced in a very visceral way, how important and uplifting it is to release energies I've been holding
that are not mine, as well as bringing healing to my inner child. Dave's course, unlike many courses, isn't just about learning knowledge or methods; it's about actually experiencing direct, felt healing during or as a result each and every session. During this course and since, I have experienced deep emotional healing as well as states of consciousness that have been truly transcendent for me. I feel less separated from, more connected to, and more love from and for life. Also, I loved the small group size of the course which created a very intimate and safe container and also allowed for Dave to give each one of us individual attention and guidance. After countless years of seeking, this course has finally given me a direct path to physical healing and self-realization. I am so grateful to have been a part of this course and highly recommend it.”
– Carmen, Executive Assistant, Asheville, NC
“Thank You for the recent Healing the OW course. I had a couple of great healing moments of past traumas and had a realization that a lot of my ongoing upset is based on an ongoing need for validation which I hadn't noticed and is very interesting to watch. But mostly I feel introduced to the idea of sitting with/making friends with my pain, seemed alien but I tried it and wow! Will be a journey, but very
grateful for the opportunity to learn.”
– Fay S., London, England
“I experienced David Markowitz’s Original Wound Workshop as a transformative sacred inner healing journey that revealed deeper levels of emotional wounding of the inner child(ren). For many decades that I had buried those wounds and only after facing a crisis was I able to open the dungeon that I have created to begin the healing process. However, too quickly I considered the work done. As a result of the
sacred container that David Markowitz fosters a safer space for inner self inquiry to face and hold the wounded emotions that remained raw and unprocessed. It seems that this was an introduction to a continuing process to face, befriend and heal those wounds. The image of the Japanese process (called Kintsugi) of repairing ceramics with lacquer and gold leaving a gold seam where the cracks were came to me as the gentle approach Dave Markowitz uses to gently hold space for those wounds and the light that begins to flow from the scars of the internal wounds. After the workshop I have moved to a space of acceptance that this healing process may continue until my last breath and become completely free of this form body from this incarnation.”
– Ocean Phillips PhD, MDiv, Sacred Homecoming Journeys, Sage End of Life Companionship and Consultations
Our human mission—no matter how it looks on the outside—is to journey from the oneness that we were, to the individuated state… only to re-connect to the state of oneness, and all obstacles are actually gateways to optimal health, deeper love, and a reconnection with Spirit.”
Listen to Valeria interview Dave about his upcoming course, HEALING THE OW (ORIGINAL WOUNDS) for Optimal Health, Deeper Love, and a Reconnection with Spirit!
- Will these be recorded? Yes! After the first session, you’ll be sent a link to an on-line virtual storage space so you don’t even have to download them onto your computer—unless you want to of course! That virtual space will always be available to attendees of this Healing the OW.
- What if I need to miss a session, or several? That is okay. It is understandable that some will not be able to attend all sessions. The recordings will keep you up to date!
- Refunds? You can exit at any time. If you leave 3 or more days before the start of the second class (enough time for those on the wait list to join), you will be refunded in full, less a 3% credit card processing fee. After that, no refunds will be given.
- What is the class format? Each class can contain any or all of: lecture, discussion, Q&A, and both active and passive energy healing in either individual a/o group formats. There are no breakout rooms.
- Will there be homework or worksheet handouts? Each class is intuited on the spot as is the possibility of homework. There are no physical handouts, but you are welcome to and advised to take copious notes, a/o listen/watch the replays.
To best protect yourself from others’ energy, it is highly recommended (though not necessary) to apply the tools in the first two chapters of Empathipedia: Healing for Empaths & Highly Sensitive Persons prior to each session.
- All modules will be over Zoom. Your video participation is optional. Recordings will be provided.
- To make sure everyone gets the specific attention they need, this course is limited to just 16 people.
- SESSION G
Saturdays Oct 7, 2023 – Nov 18, 2023 ENROLLMENT FULL
- SESSION H
Fridays* Jan 12, 2024 – Feb 23, 2024 ENROLLMENT NOW OPEN
- 90-minute sessions on seven consecutive Fridays*
- Start/End Times:
- 1:00pm – 2:30pm PDT
- 4:00pm – 5:30pm EDT
- 9:00pm – 10:30pm London
- 7:00am – 8:30am Sydney (*Saturday Mornings)
- Price per person to attend is $397.
- If the above times and days don’t work for you, OR the event is SOLD OUT by the time you enroll, make sure you are signed up on the Waitlist and you’ll be advised if/when an opening in this time slot or another time slot becomes available.
- Fill in the requested info below.
- You’ll be sent the call-in info from [hidden email] — Please add that email to your list of approved senders.
- First Name:
- Email address you’d like your confirmation and call-in details sent to:
- Backup Email address in case there’s a problem with your primary:
- To be kept in the loop about events and helpful articles for better living, may we sign you up for the newsletter? Your information will never be shared or sold in any way, and you can always opt out at any time.
- Who can we thank for your referral?
Disclaimer: Due to the nature of this event, your results will vary dependent on a variety of factors. Healing the Original Wound is not intended to replace medical care in any way, shape, or form. Dave is not an MD and cannot/will not prescribe, diagnose, or “treat” any medical diagnosis nor guarantee results — ever, rather he will focus on guiding the process via intuition and co-creating a safe space. I am aware I am responsible for my own healing and safety, and will not hold Dave Markowitz or his associates or other attendees liable for anything that arises during or after Healing the Original Wound that may be a result of Healing the Original Wound.
If you are feeling suicidal, please call the National Suicide Prevention Crisis Line 1.800.273.TALK (8255)